Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid
When Hiring a Home Improvement Company.
Once you understand the credentials required to become a Home Improvement Company you'll understand why you must take all necessary precautions . Whom you hire will be the most important decision you make ! The outcome will vary from you being extremely satisfied to monetary ruins. Home Improvement Companies are 1# in total complaints per Department of Consumer Protection, State of Connecticut.
It bears repeating, Once you understand the credentials required to become a Home Improvement Company you'll will beShocked, Upset, disappointed, Sick! First a little background .
Home Improvement Companies are technically Registered and not Licensed by the State of Connecticut. Home Improvement companies consist of carpenters, remodeling & renovation companies, roofers, siding companies.
Electricians, Plumbers, Heating & Cooling Companies are Licensed by the State of Connecticut.
The journey to become a self employed Electrician, Plumber, Heating or Cooling Contractor (Licensed)
- Stage 1 Start as a apprentice, need a total of 8000 supervised / documented hours of on job training.
- Stage 2 Once obtained, take a 6 hour written exam conducted by State of Connecticut.
- Stage 3 If you pass exam, you earned a E-2 license, still an employee, however no longer needs supervision.
- Stage 4 Need additional 4000 documented hours of advance training.
- Stage 5 Once obtained, take a 6 hour written exam conducted by State of Connecticut.
- Stage 6 If you pass, you earned a E-1 license, entitled to be self employed with 1 provision
- Stage 7 Enroll in a yearly 7 hour class conducted by State of Connecticut.
The journey to become a self employed Home Improvement Contractor. (Registered)
- Stage 1 Pay a fee. No minimum hours required, No test required, No skills required, No knowledge required .
Home Improvement Contractors are already prepared to answer your obvious questions, you must be 1 step ahead in order to separate " Fiction from Facts". Knowledge is Power, you must take Control & Establish Guidelines during your selection process.
Please visit FAQ for a greater in depth interpretation & strategy.